The project “Modern learning environment for judges, prosecutors, investigating magistrates and other legal; professionals” aims at creating an integrated, coordinated and structured learning environment for judges, prosecutors and other legal professionals through the provision of enhanced application of European legal framework and fundamental rights, aimed at strengthening the rule of law.
Start date – 7 April 2020
Period of implementation – 48 months
Funding – Justice Program of the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2021
Budget – 2 835 953,50 BNG
The project institutional partner is the Norwegian Courts Administration
The main target groups are defined in art. 249 Judiciary System Act, incl. attorneys, notaries, expert witness, employees of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the administration and the controlling bodies from the filed in question.
Specific project outcomes:
- Enhanced professional knowledge and skills of magistrates and other legal professionals in view of accurate, uniform and consistent application of the law and the values of the EU
- Modernized learning environment through the provision of trainings in innovative educational formats, development of easy-to-use self-study resources and the organization of research visits
- Established framework for sustainable judicial training in the field of fundamental rights and the rule of law
- Established shared learning spaces for the development of knowledge, skills and competencies
- Implemented innovative training model at the workplace
- Strengthened and upgraded human rights forum, as a sustainable platform for the exchange of topical information and professional knowledge and experience